Vaping Vs Smoking: Battle Between Two Evils Or One Among Them Is Good
An argument is a vital part of the mature society. Turn on a news channel, pick up a newspaper, or log in to social media, you will notice people arguing over some issues. Every day, there is a new one. One battle which has been grabbing headlines for the last few years is vaping versus smoking. Many call it a battle between two evils.
Many health experts and studies in the past have declared e-cigarettes as a healthy alternative to traditional cigarettes. All the dangers associated with e-cigs and tobacco are known to all. However, media and the Internet is packed with a comparison between vaping and smoking. It is because current vapers are smokers before switching to the electronic device. But studies that included actual science do not compare the two terms directly.
A big reason behind the existence of vaping vs smoking are people who advocate a complete ban on nicotine. If science is applied to the debate, then the results conclude vaping as a safer practice than smoking.
?Today is the right time to educate people and change the public perceptions of vaping.?
Vaping Vs Smoking: What Are Health Effects?
When we analyze the results of studies conducted during the last over five decades, it is found that smoking is an unhealthy practice that leads to deadly diseases and premature deaths. On the other side, vaping is comparatively a new activity but science has not linked it to any serious health condition.
As per a report by the National Health Service, 78,000 individuals died in 2014 due to their habit of smoking. Many former smokers who recently switched to vaping showed signs of improvement in their overall health.
Health Effects From Smoking
- Cancer: Many past studies have found tobacco cigarettes behind lung cancer in smokers. Apart from lung cancer, smoking leads to cancer in the liver, stomach, blood, bladder, kidney, mouth, throat, and various other body parts. Nicotine in cigarettes didn’t cause cancer. According to experts, cancer by cigarettes is due to the combustion of tobacco. Vaping wasn’t found to be a cause of cancer.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: As per the British Heart Foundation, smoking increases the risk of developing heart disease and stroke. It is because the harmful chemicals in traditional cigarettes damage the lining of arteries. It increases the amount of atheroma and narrows the artery. This can lead to heart attack or stroke. In case of vaping, nicotine can be a risk associated with heart attack and stroke if a vape user is already having heart disease.
?Vaping also includes some dangerous compounds found in tobacco cigarettes, but their concentrations in the vapor are lower than cigarettes.?
- Lung Diseases: A press release by Public Health England (PHE) in 2015 highlighted the dangers of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in smokers. According to it, the disease kills around 25,000 individuals in England. Many studies also linked smoking to Bronchiolitis obliterans and various other lung diseases.
- Pregnancy- Damaged Tissue In Unborn: Cigarette smoking can cause tissue damage in the unborn, as per health experts. It can result in premature delivery, cleft lip, or even stillbirth. On the other hand, the use of vape mods during pregnancy do not harm the unborn or the mother.
Health Effects From Vaping
- Allergy: E-liquids come with a ratio of propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG) in them. When a vaper is allergic to PG or VG and inhales an e-juice with more concentration, then they may have a situation of allergy.
- Dehydration: Vape hardware is designed in a manner that it absorbs moisture. When an individual uses the device for a long time, it dries them out. One can develop symptoms like dry skin, dry eyes, or a headache.
- Yellow Teeth: When you vape, it is necessary to pay attention to your oral health. Yellow teeth is a common condition when you vape. This is why users are advised to brush after vaping.
- No Weight Gain: Vaping is good when you want to lose or maintain weight, but it does not help in gaining weight. It is all due to nicotine in e-cigarettes which is an appetite suppressant.
- Poisoning: When you vape, you don’t look for anything cheap. If you buy an unauthorized cheap e-liquid, you invest in an e-juice which can be dangerous for your health.
Vaping Vs Smoking: Price
In April, cigarette prices were increased in the UK. The announcement came with an indication of higher prices in the future. The price of a 20 deck was increased by 49p, resulting in an average deck price of ?10.40. It means a 20-a-day smoker will have to pay massive ?178.85 more for yearly stock of cigarettes.
On the other side, vaping is a one-time investment. You buy vape hardware once in the beginning. After that, you spend only to buy an e-juice.
?The cost of vaping depends on your habits of buying advance hardware and expensive e-juices.?
You, as a vape user, can get inexpensive vape mods and e-liquids. On the other side, you can buy costly vaping devices or e-liquids in case you want to upgrade your vape game to sub-ohm vaping with massive clouds.
Vaping Vs Smoking: Conclusion
Ditching a decades-old habit is a difficult thing. A few years ago, quitting cigarettes was hard. It is because there wasn’t a healthy alternative for the activity. Now, you have found that vaping isn’t an evil, and is a healthy replacement of deadly cigarettes. It must have settled the vaping vs smoking debate that you were seeing on different channels.
You know that vaping is not evil and it really helps quit smoking. What are you going to do now?